Jasmine Meng (孟佳) received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering from Southwest Petroleum University (China) in 2004 and 2007, respectively. She earned Ph. D degree in Electrical Engineering from Wireless Networking, Signal Processing and Security Lab in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Houston. Her thesis work was supervised by Dr. Zhu Han and co-advisor Dr. Wotao Yin (Rice University).
During her years of postgraduate study, Jasmine Meng has worked on the research projects related to applications of Compressive Sensing theory on wireless sensor networks, 60GHz UWB wireless communications and cognitive radio networks.
The ongoing research projects include:
- Seismic data acquisition using compressive sensing
- Sampling rate reduction for 60GHz UWB MIMO communication system using compressive sensing
- Theories and applications of matrix completion
The previous research projects include:
- J. Meng, J. Ahmadi-Shokouh, H. Li, Z. Han, S. Noghanian, and E. Hossain, "Sampling rate reduction for 60 GHz UWB communication using compressive sensing”, Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems & Computers, 2009. (PDF)
- J. Meng, H. Li, and Z. Han, "Sparse event detection in wireless sensor networks using compressive sensing”, The 43rd Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS), 2009. (PDF, Video by 視訊通訊實驗室)
- J. Meng, W. Yin, H. Li, E. Houssain and Z. Han, "Collaborative Spectrum Sensing from Sparse Observations Using Matrix Completion for Cognitive Radio Networks", The 35th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2010. (PDF, Poster)
- J. Meng, W. Yin, H. Li, E. Houssain and Z. Han, "Collaborative Spectrum Sensing from Sparse Observations in Cognitive Radio Networks", Accept for publication in the IEEE JSAC Special Issue on Cognitive Radio Networking and Communications. (PDF)
- J. Meng, Nam Nguyen, W. Yin, and Z. Han, "Compressive Sensing Channel Estimation for OFDM System Through Random Pilot Arrangement and Random Sampling", Submitted.
- J. Meng, Y. Li, Nam Nguyen, W. Yin, and Z. Han, "High Resolution OFDM Channel Estimation with Low Speed ADC using Compressive Sensing", ICC, 2011.
- ...coming soon...
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications Apr-10
- GameSec 2010
- Globecom 2010
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications Mar-10
- International Journal of Sensor Networks (IJSNet)
- ICC'10 SPS
- IEEE Signal Processing Society
- IEEE Women in Engineering
- SEG Society of Exploration Geophysicists